Sorry, everyone -- no guide tonight! However, I posted the list of things that will be making an appearance on tomorrow's test, as dictated by Ms. Bidwell in class today.
- Action potential in detail
- Synapses and neurotransmitters
- Parts of the brain and their function
Sensory and Motor Mechanisms
- Muscle Anatomy
- The Sliding Filament Model
- Anatomy of Male and Female Reproductive Tract
- Oogenesis and Spermatogenesis
- Hormone cycles and feedback systems in males and females
- Be familiar with hormones such as FSH, LH, and Oxytocin
- Extra-embryonic membranes and their functions for mammals, birds, and reptiles.
- Embryonic development progression
- Formation of endoderm, ectoderm, and mesoderm. What organs/systems result?
- Notochord Formation
- Factors involving what cells develop into, induction, hometic and Hox genes, homeobox.
- Ability to compare the embryos of frogs, humans, sea urchins, etc.