Tuesday, May 12, 2009

AP English Language and Composition Exam

Section I consists of 50-55 multiple choice questions, which account for 45% of your grade. You are given 60 minutes to complete Section I. In Section II, you are expected to write three essays in 120 minutes, with the first 15 minutes being given for reading and planning. Section II accounts for 55% of your grade and consists of the following three essays:

  • Synthesis: Similar to a DBQ on the history exams, this essay requires you to examine several sources into an essay that either explains something or argues a point.
  • Argumentative: Form a cohesive argument towards a topic and support your viewpoint through the use of examples – “refute, support, or qualify.”
  • Analysis: After reading a passage, analyze elements of the passage using elements of the text as support for your claims.
***Remember to use present tense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how pervasive digital memory has become in our every day lives. It seems like everytime I turn my head, I see something with a card slot or USB port, haha. I guess it makes sense though, considering how much more afforable memory has become lately...

Ahhh... I shouldn't be complaining. I can't get through a day without using my R4 / R4i!

(Posted using Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978023679]R4 SDHC[/url] FPost)